Friday, June 6, 2008

Family Shrine


Okay well it's not my family but it is someone's. Unlike most of these vintage/arty collage things, the picture is of family of someone I know.
I thought this shrine was really cool when I saw it at Paperific in Sydney a few years ago (you know how you buy things and then don't use them for ages?). Anyway, I bought it from the Studio Astarte stand. It came flat-packed and in plain red cardstock so I stamped all over it in Versamark then dusted it in Aztec Gold Pearl-ex then edged the whole thing with a Krylon marker. Right at the top of the shrine is an acrylic piece that I ran through the Xyron then coloured the back with Pearl-ex. The inside of the shrine was collaged with a pretty napkin, some handmade lace and the family clip which had it's edges aged with some Tim Holtz ink. The last bits to go on was a fancy button with a cloth flower glued on top and three pearls from an old faux necklace to frame the top of the family photo.

No comments: