Thursday, June 5, 2008

Norma Jean's Dress


Wow! At least one person has found me and left a comment on the previous post (thanks Lulu!) so I'd better post something new.

Here's a canvas I painted and collaged. I love love love doing canvases... they're so liberating! This one came together really quickly - I was going through my folder of clip art and found the picture of Marilyn Monroe that I had cut out ages ago and I just started thinking about her and what she might be thinking in this picture. Going through my folder again I found the picture of the dress on the dressmaker's mannequin and went from there. The background is simply large brushstrokes of blue painted so that there was the white background of the canvas showing and therefore emulating whispy clouds in the sky. The chipboard flourishes by Buzz and Bloom were painted with Pewter Lumiere paints and glued down onto the canvas with Gel Medium with the dress slightly overlapping them. The clip of Marilyn was then glued down (again with Gel Medium) so that she is right on the corner of the canvas just coming into the picture. The caption was stamped in blue and cut out and glued down.
Hope you like. :)

No comments: