Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Altered Notebook


This is a notebook that I altered. Originally it was a free notebook given by a computer company as advertising but I pulled off the cover and made it 'mine'.

The cover was easy to take off as the spiral binding had a gap, once the cover was off, I painted it with black paint and then with some blue paint that has a metallic tinge to it. I'll have to find the name of the paint and edit this post later as it's a really nice blue. Aaaanyway... the flourishes were plain chipboard from Buzz and Bloom that I inked in gold then embossed in sections with gold then with a pale blue/green embossing powder in places then clear embossing powder over the top. This gave the flourishes an antique and uneven look. If you click on the photo you'll be able to get a nice close-up look of the chipboard.

The word Journal in the middle was done by using up bits and pieces that I had, an old tag that I crumpled and aged, a spiral clip and a button and then a faux-clock face over that. A sticker originally intended for scrapbooking, a metal eyelet thingy, a stamp and a bubble sticker.
To finish off, I added some fibres to the spine and then tied an old gypsy-type earring with a moon & star motif and with bells hanging off it.
That's it! Hope you like.

No comments: