Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hand over the coffee!


Here's an ATC I made a while ago while I was on the Buzz and Bloom Design Team. My theme was Two-tone and I was restricted in using only two tones - those were coffee and a burgundy. I love this little guy so cute yet he looks a little bit stressed - perhaps it's because he's standing precariously on a chair or maybe it's the lack of coffee?
The background was done by sponging on a coffee ink by Nick Bantock and a Mahogany ink by Tim Holtz. The little dude was cut-out and his clothes slightly coloured using the Mahogany ink with a blender pen, plus I gave him some rosy cheeks. The caption "Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt" was simply typed up on Word and printed then I cut out the caption and aged it by sponging it with the coffee coloured ink and edged the paper to give it definition. The border of the ATC was done using a Buzz and Bloom stamp, the little guy was a clip also from Buzz and Bloom and the scrapbooking paper just behind him I have no idea... I just keep scraps filed away in colour groups and grab whichever one I think will fit in.
Hope you like this. I have some more ATCs made with this Two-tone theme so I'll upload some more of those.

2 comments:

Lou Sims said...

Love the ATC and especially how you achieved your background.

I'm like you I have little scraps for those "just in case" moments and sometimes I have more scraps than whole sheets!

Melissa Garland said...

Very cool Ang.